1. Contributions should be up to a maximum of 5000 words and a short abstract of about 150 words should be provided. A manuscript should have an abstract, an introduction, a main body of the text with necessary subsections and headings, results, conclusions, and references.
2. The title of the paper should be typed using 20-pt bold Times New Roman font in title-case format. Names and affiliations of the authors should be typed after the title of the paper on top using 12-pt Times New Roman font. The names should not contain any title or designation.
3. In the page set up, the left margin should be 2 cm, right margin should be 2.5 cm, gutter should be 0.5 cm the top and bottom margins should be 2.2 cm, spacing between the two columns should be 0.5 cm. Equal column width must be used.
4. The manuscript should be typed for A4 size, using single-spaced, 10-pt font throughout (except the abstract) using Times New Roman font and double column format throughout the paper with the margin as mentioned in item 3. The manuscript must be typed using MSWord (other formats not acceptable).
5. Abstract should be typed using bold faced single-spaced, 9-pt Times New Roman font throughout the first column of the two column format as mentioned in item 4 above. The word ‘Abstract’ should be typed using font size 11, bold and italic.
6. Index/ Keywords should be typed using font size 9. The word ‘Index/ Keywords’ should be typed using font size 9, bold and italic.
7. All papers submitted to AJSE will be double blind peer-reviewed. Hence in initial submission there is no need to include Authors name in the paper. Although final submission after been accepted need complete mailing address indicating designation, e-mail, telephone of the author(s) should appear at the lower left side of the 1st page in the 1st column. These should be typed using 8-pt Times New Roman font.
8. The section and subsection headings should be typed using bold 12-pt Times New Roman font.
9. The figures along with the figure captions and figure numbers should be fitted in position in double column camera-ready format. Page numbers must be provided at the bottom center.
10. Tables and figures should be numbered consecutively and must contain informative captions. Figure numbers should be written as Fig. 1, Fig. 2.
11. Figures, graphs and photographs will be printed in black and white. As a result, manuscripts should contain these items in black and white. Figures should be produced using thick lines and good contrast.
12. References should be typed in the following style using 9-pt Times New Roman font:
 L.A. Coldren and S.W. Corzine, Diode Lasers and Photonic Integrated Circuits, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1995, pp. 1-5.
 G.P.Agarwal and N.K.Dutta, Semiconductor Lasers, New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1993, pp. 211-215.
 Michihiko Suhara, Saiful Islam and Minoru Yamada, “Criterion of External Feedback Sensitivity in Index-Coupled and Gain-Coupled DFB Semiconductor Lasers to be Free from Excess Intensity Noise”, IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, Vol. 30, No. 1, January 1994, pp. 3-9.
 M. Jungo, F. M. di Sopra, D. Erni, and W. Baechtold, “Scalling effects on VCSELs static and dynamic behavior”, Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 91, No. 9, May 2002, pp. 5550-5557.
13. Short biographies of the authors along with ID size photographs should be presented after the References section using the same two column format mentioned in item 4 above but using 9-pt Times New Roman font.
14. Submissions of MS Word file of the manuscript along with a cover letter must be made as attachment files with e-mails.
15. Authors are required to send signed declaration of originality and copy right transfer form which will be sent after the acceptance of the manuscript.